Friday, January 23, 2015

New Friends

Last night I was blessed to meet some new friends.  I went to my first Homeschool Activity-- just for moms.  I was so nervous about going and almost didn't- but I prayed to God about it and found enough faith to go.  I met some really great women and feel like I truly started some great friendships.  I learned a lot and feel that this group is what I need for my soul to be happy. I feel rejuvenated today and have been able to accomplish many household chores.  I hope maybe if I can get our house in good order maybe my husband will see that I am serious about homeschooling.

When I was little and the age old question of "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was asked- my responses were either a teacher or an author.  While I still love to write, I still want to be a teacher more.  When I graduated high school I went to college for awhile and majored in Agriculture Education.  I quit after a year- felt defeated by the math it required.  After my youngest was born I went back to school at a community college -- I took some elementary education classes.  I just didn't feel like it all clicked.  I was upset with some of the classes and the things we learned about.  They just didn't agree with my beliefs.  So after awhile I gave up. (and funds ran low) As of late, my prayers to God have been to lead me on this Homeschooling thing- He keeps reminding me of my want to teach.  I feel that our good Lord is leading me to teach my children.  I haven't been so sure of anything in a long time.



Deuteronomy 6:6-7 KJV

6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart;
7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome verses! That passage has always been a homeschooling rallying cry for my family. Glad to hear that you are connecting with folks who may be able to help along the journey. God bless!

    ReplyDelete