Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chicks!!

So today is Day 21 of our hatch, STILL hatching! I originally set 48 eggs, I have 20 out so far, 14 are pipped and 14 haven't pipped.  Not sure if they are going to pip or not.  I feel that having even 20 chicks out is pure luck!  We lost power 2x this hatch, and had strange temp fluctuations! I think the thermostat on my incubator may be going out... May have to buy another thermostat or something.... lol  Here are some pics! We are trying the Brooder Bottles for the first time and are LOVING them - the chicks took to them right off!  I am so glad that I order more than 1 of the caps.  If you haven't heard of them go on over to The Chicken Fountain and read all about them!  They also have a Facebook page too!  I can't say too many great things about them!













No comments:

Post a Comment